Thursday, May 14, 2009

Fettuccine, Linguine, Martini, Bikini


If you’re a fan of late night TV you may be familiar with the above tagline. It’s from the infamous Slap Chop infomercial which can play through your head like a never-ending version of, “It’s a Small World”. For Mother’s Day my two oldest children presented me with Cuisinart’s version of the Slap Chop. This chopper has a sharp zigzag blade that gets pushed down to chop just about anything your heart desires into a container that encases the finished product. No messy cutting boards! Woo hoo! It can chop anything from nuts to onions to hard-boiled eggs!


In my first chopping experience with this nifty kitchen gadget I decided to mince some mini carrots. My husband and oldest son watched in culinary wonder as I went to town chopping the carrots into the tiniest pieces imaginable just by pushing down on the top of this mini machine several times. This made quite the racket but worked out well. I then decided to taste the finished product to test the texture of the carrots. Horror filled my son’s eyes as he witnessed me eating minced carrots out of the chopper’s container with a spoon. He never has been a big fan of veggies. Lucky for him we can now have coleslaw every night!


Now if I only had a Graty . . . . .

4 comments:

Brown-Eyed Girl said...

I love my Pampered Chef version of this tool.

SO handy for soups, stews, chilis, salsas, bruschettas, antipastos and chopination of every variety.

Lydia said...

I'm so jealous that you got a Slap Chop! I've always wanted one. And a Magic Bullet!! Oh, I'm going to have to talk Dave into getting me one now!!

Cookies and cakes said...

LoL! Great story!

Cooking Mama said...

I've only used it once so far. I like to just use a regular knife if I have to do something small. This will be really helpful though when I'm chopping up a bunch of ingredients!

Related Posts with Thumbnails