Monday, May 18, 2009

Herbed Veggie Sandwich


Over the weekend at the grocery store I picked up some ciabatta bread. I’ve been craving a fresh veggie sandwich with herbs. So I knew I could use this bread as the base for building my sandwich. Besides, my basil is growing uncontrollably so I need to find more and more creative ways to use it. What I came up with is what I like to call a “Basil Is Taking Over My Patio So Here It Is Sandwich” or in simple terms, an “Herbed Veggie Sandwich”. This is a really good dish to make when you’re being over-run with herbs and veggies from your garden. It’s fresh tasting and the ciabatta will fill your belly right up!


Herbed Veggie Sandwich

2 TBS spreadable cream cheese

1 tsp. red bell pepper, diced

1 tsp. chives, diced

1/8 to ½ tsp. garlic powder

4 basil leaves

3 small slices of tomato

3 to 4 leaves of spinach

2 slices of ciabatta bread


Mix cream cheese, red bell pepper, chives, and garlic powder together. Spread cream cheese mixture on the ciabatta bread. Pile on basil, tomato, and spinach. Of course you can add more of these veggies or less depending on what you have on hand. Serves 1.

5 comments:

Brown-Eyed Girl said...

Hahahaaa. I'm having such a laugh.

I've never seen you this prolific!

Thanks for the sammich. ; )

Cookies and cakes said...

Oh, YUM! This is right up my alley!

Cooking Mama said...

Vix aka Brown Eyed, have you made it yet? I've had it for lunch three days in a row trying to use up my ciabatta. ha ha ha

Cookies, have you tried it yet?

Brown-Eyed Girl said...

I can't, Kendra. Bread physically hurts me for up to 5 days.

Cooking Mama said...

That's right, Brown Eyed, I forgot you had intolerance for bread. I'm so sorry. I want to blog about gluten free recipes some time in the near future.

Related Posts with Thumbnails