Thursday, June 18, 2009

My Culinary Musings of the Day and Garlic Curry Rice Recipe

  • Well, it was bound to happen again. I am a klutz and tonight while charring . . er . .I mean grilling my chicken veggie kabobs I burnt my finger on my grill pan. It's been a couple of weeks since my last incident so it was bound to happen. p.s. The kabobs tasted good but didn't look pretty.
  • I love to take two Food Network personalities ideas and make my own dish. My lovely garlic curry rice from this evening's meal is thanks to (pretty boy) Tyler Florence and (my girl!) Sunny Anderson. I'll post the recipe below. Sorry, I don't have a picture . . . .it was inhaled by the fam before I had a chance to snap a shot.
  • Alert!! New favorite cereal discovered!! Special K Cinnamon Pecan is my new fave. Slice bananas on top and oh my!
  • Hebrew National Hot Dogs or bust! Some of you already know what I'm talking about and the others will find out soon enough.
  • I had a turmeric emergency tonight but I recovered quickly thanks to my overflowing supply of curry powder.
Garlic Curry Rice
2 tsp. olive oil
1/2 c. diced onions
2 garlic cloves whole, skin removed
1 c. white rice
2 c. water
1/2 - 3/4 tsp. curry (or enough to give the rice a pale yellow color)
1 bay leaf

Cook olive oil, onions, garlic, and rice over medium high heat in a medium size pan. When onion turns translucent add the water, curry, and bay leaf. Turn burner to medium low and cook for 20 minutes as you usually do with rice. Remove bay leaf before serving. Serves 4.

I was going to use turmeric as this is what Tyler used in his rice recipe but surprisingly I didn't have any in my vast spice collection. I have a ton of curry so I just went with that. It was amazing! The kids and hubby would have loved to have more. Next time I'm making a double batch!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails