Thursday, July 30, 2009

Bacon Egg and Green Tomato Scramble

My breakfast this morning was inspired by my fellow blogger friend, Sunny. I've been trying to think of ways to use green tomatoes (I haven't yet mastered the fried green tomato thing yet). She made something similar for breakfast the other day. However, I added bacon to my dish. Bacon is guaranteed to take a dish up a notch and make you let your belt out a notch. :) But hey, moderation is what I say, so it's okay. Of course I had to top it off with some Frank's Hot Sauce, my favorite addition to eggs!

Bacon, Egg and Green Tomato Scramble
1 slice bacon
1 medium size green tomato, chopped
2 eggs
splash of milk
salt and pepper to taste
Frank's Hot Sauce if you wish

In a medium size frying pan brown bacon. Drain on a papertowel lined plate. Meanwhile add the tomato to the bacon grease in the pan and cook until lightly browned and softened. Remove from pan and set aside. In a small mixing bowl beat together with a fork the eggs, milk, and salt and pepper. Add the egg mixture to the frying pan and scramble till almost set over medium heat. Add the tomatoes and crumbled bacon back in with the eggs and cook till eggs are scrambled set. Plate and top with Frank's Hot Sauce. Cheese would even be a good topper for this.

Cooking Mama



3 comments:

Katiesperk said...

Just found your blog and love it! I can't wait to try some of these recipes!!

Cooking Mama said...

Thanks Katiesperk! Glad to meet you!

Kitchen said...

Here is a very popular recipe tomato scrambled eggs. There is one month that I serve this delicious dish. Do not think long before even tomato Scramble eggs in your diet.

Related Posts with Thumbnails