Friday, July 17, 2009

Zucchini: My Cup Runneth Over


Like my fellow food blogger, Cookin' Canuck said, "lock your doors, it's zucchini season"! The oldest of the el' kiddos came home last night with two grocery bags full of zucchini, yellow squash and tomatoes from his friend's mother's neighbor friend. Did you catch that??? Yeah, it took me a minute too.

Now I'm on the hunt to get rid of--er I mean, use the green stuff up in some recipes. I have at least one dish in mind that the kiddos have been begging me to make. The problem you see is that I will want to eat the whole thing in one sitting and that is not a good thing.

I must also make a trek to the grocery store at the crack of dawn tomorrow to purchase my ingredients for my recipes and to fill up my empty cupboards. Time to go make my shopping list that I so carefully arrange in grocery aisle order. Call me nuts . . it's a compliment!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails