Thursday, August 13, 2009

Black-eyed Peas and Spanish Rice Recipes


I've got two rice recipes for you today. Both a major comfort foods and will fill your belly right up!

Southern Black-eyed Peas I just found this recipe this week. It's soooo good!! Pictured on the right.

Spanish Rice This recipe has been in my repertoire for years. If you've ever been to my house and had chicken enchiladas, you had this rice as a side dish. It's one of my favorite things to eat! I don't have a picture of this sadly enough. Just a boring clip art picture of rice. I won't bore you with that right now.

On another note, I purchased Mastering the Art of French Cooking. Very interesting. I'm mostly a no nonsense kind of cook so it surprised me that I even wanted it. I'm going to actually try some of the recipes. There is a wealth of information in there! And the illustrations are amazing! I'd highly recommend it to any cooking obsessed foodie. The introduction in the front by JC is well worth it in itself.

Still reading Julie and Julia. I'll get through it before the weekend. I'm just a little disenchanted with Julie Powell's vulgar language, so it's taking me a bit longer than expected. I received The Dinner Diaries in the mail last week. Can't wait to start that.

Cooking Mama




2 comments:

Gaby said...

love this recipe!

Katiesperk said...

Let me know how the Dinner Diaries are!! I just scored Julie & Julia from my boss! Looking forward to lounging this weekend and reading!

Related Posts with Thumbnails