Monday, August 3, 2009

Blueberries!

Today is everything blueberries. I was inspired to write about them today by my friend Karen. She recently took her children blueberry picking and it brought back so many memories to me. Blueberry picking is a great activity for the family--my oldest son my beg to differ. I took him and his sister when they were younger to go picking. We drove what seemed like forever down this one lane dirt road to get to the farm. It was in the middle of nowhere in Virginia. A suggestion I do have for those who want to take young ones--make sure they use the bathroom before you make the trip. That's all I have to say about that!I've posted on my Examiner.com site a listing of farms in the Wake County area that have blueberry picking available. Once you get the berries you can try out my Blueberry Coffeecake. It melts in your mouth. Grab a cup of coffee and indulge! :)

Cooking Mama


2 comments:

frugal southern mom said...

I love anything blueberry! I just love your page!
Tammy
Frugalsouthernmom

Cooking Mama said...

Thanks, Tammy! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails