Friday, August 14, 2009

My First Experience with Mastering the Art of French Cooking

Firstly, you know it's going to be a potentially bad day when you wake up at 7-something a.m. to your smoke alarm going off. That was pretty stressful for a bit but hubby got it figured out and got them finally turned off. The agony!! I was not feeling well yesterday and slept A LOT and I mean A LOT! So that was a very unpleasant way to wake up. I took a shower and got my grocery list in order as everyone was complaining that there was nothing to eat in the house. The grocery trip to Wal-Mart was not as painful as usual since I went early. There was one guy that was huffing and puffing his way through the aisles quite a bit so we detoured to avoid his stressfulness. Hubby said I should have taken a picture of the guy. He needs to quit putting these ideas in my head . . they may start coming true.

For I was determined to have a good day. Today is the day of me attempting a Julia Child dish . . Boeuf Bourguignon. It's in the oven as we speak. Hopefully it will turn out okay. I read through the directions about a gazillion times. It was surprisingly relaxing making my way through the directions, annoying family members with my Julia accent, and dancing to 80's music. Quite a sight! I'll let you know how it all turns out.

P.S. Tonight is family movie night . . .. .hahahaha with boeuf bourguignon as the dinner.

Cooking Mama





2 comments:

Cookies and cakes said...

Ha! It sounds like a funny site..to be a fly on your wall! Looking forward to pics!

Paulette said...

Are you using the same kind of pot to cook it in?

It looks totally fabulous, I want to try it for myself.

The other day i went to Walmart and had grandma pushing stroller without kid on one side of the isle with grandpa/shopping cart/baby on the other side of the isle.
When i went to check out, whoops, time to check the register and make a cash deposit!

Couldn't wait to leave, had my fill for a while....

Related Posts with Thumbnails