Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Why People Blog

Tonight I saw the movie Julie and Julia based on the book by Julie Powell. After the movie, my friend, Deanna, and I were talking about what we learned from the movie. I couldn't think of anything much and, in fact, didn't even think I'd blog about it at all. But as I laid in bed after reading another chapter of Julie and Julia (unfortunately I didn't finish the book before seeing the movie), I began to wonder--maybe I should blog about it. One thing that really stood out to me in the book (so far) and the movie was how much Julie obsessed over her readers--how many were there, was she letting them down blah blah blah.

Why do we blog? Is it for the notoriety? The possibility of fame? The attention? The feeling of being significant to even total strangers? To get our feelings out? To find others like us? To get sympathy and understanding? To entertain? To criticize? As a hobby? To promote one's self? All these thoughts are running through my head right now. So why do I do it?

Cooking Mama




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails