Thursday, March 11, 2010

Salt . . .Anyone?


I just ran across this article on FoxNews.com . For those of you too lazy to read the article, I'll sum it up for you: a bill has been proposed by Felix Ortiz, (D) Brooklyn, which would ban the use of salt in restaurant cooking. What the heck people? Is this really the government's business? Yes, I agree, that our country has SERIOUS health issues. BUT this is not for the government to control.

We make choices, whether they be good or bad when it comes to food. It is our right as American citizens to choose what we want to eat and when we want to eat it. If you make poor choices . . that's for you, personally, to deal with. We don't need the government "babysitting" our health choices.

If this law passes in New York, it will make a travesty of the culinary world. I'm outraged! I wonder what Food Network thinks about all this?

1 comment:

Brown-Eyed Girl said...

As one who uses barely any salt in cooking, I can sort of understand the idea behind this.

I believe salt added at the table tastes just as good as salt added during cooking. Salt amounts are a very personal taste. I myself HATE paying big money (compared to cooking at home) for heavily salted food.

I think because I don't use much of it I'm more sensitized to it. The more salt a person uses regularly the less they taste it. Too often I receive a soup that has my tongue burning by the 3rd spoonful due to the salt.

Ick.

Related Posts with Thumbnails