Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Wardrobe Malfunction


So I'm on this quest for better health, right? Yesterday I was doing my usual walking/running intervals with my dog. She's not in the best of shape. But hey, at least I can blame her when I have to start walking because I'm practically dragging her along and giving her road rash.

Before I left the house I put on my running pants. You know, the kind that make a loud "swish" when your thighs rub together? They also have a liner and the right pocket is ripped out. I wanted to take my cell phone along in case I received a text message from my "personal trainer" as I like to call her. Actually she lives like three states away but she is my long distance running mentor. She is always building me up, making me feel good, and encouraging me through the tough times. Though in a couple of weeks when we are vacationing at the beach together she will be also the one urging me to partake in one of our brownie pigout fests we usually have while together. :)

So cell phone . . .I put it in my left pocket before I leave. I leave the house and am going along fine except for the fact that the pooch is dragging me down BIG TIME. I'm getting mad since she's holding me back and I'm giving her a talking to even though she doesn't understand a thing I'm saying anyway. All of the sudden the phone drops down into my left pant leg down by my ankle. HELLO!! What am I going to do? I can't reach down my pants our here in front of the whole neighborhood. Plus, it's a two person job or at least a take them off kind of thing. So I run home with the phone hitting my ankle and bruising it while dragging the dog. I must have looked like quite the fool with this rectangle thing bouncing around my ankle. I apologize right now if I accidentally "called" you while this was happening. My phone was trying to make a call when I pulled it out.

At least I got to drop the dog off at this point and run the block myself. How embarassing!

4 comments:

KatiePerk said...

Hahaha! That is hilarious! You poor thing!

Paulette said...

your ankle sure knows how to text well! Ha! Poor Sydney. I remember those days with Louie too. Soon you'll be leaving her behind and taking her out for your cool down. Remember after all she's twice your age!

knitwit said...

Hilarious! Running with dogs always SEEMS like a good idea, but it rarely ever is. They're either putzing along and slowing you down, or they're dragging you through the streets and endangering your life! Awesome job getting out there for a run though. Keep it up!

Brown-Eyed Girl said...

The tiniest minutiae of life that make us smirk and smile are the best things in life!

Related Posts with Thumbnails