Friday, August 6, 2010

The Chicken Massacre Has Ended.

For dinner tonight I'm making buffalo chicken quesadillas (recipe courtesy of my friend, Lydia).  One of the ingredients needed for the recipe is a store bought rotisserie chicken shredded.  I absolutely detest working with animal carcasses.  You'd think I'd be over it after cooking all these years.  Maybe I'm still scarred from that chicken butchering I went to as a young child.  Nah . . . 

Don't laugh but I still wear rubber gloves when I prepare my Thanksgiving turkey.  At least when I work with a rotisserie chicken I don't wear gloves but it still grosses me out.  Here is the recipe if you can stomach picking a chicken rotisserie carcass.  :)


Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
1 store bought rotisserie chicken, shredded
1/4 c. buffalo sauce (I prefer Frank's)  <-----go there to read more about my love affair with Frank's
1 1/2 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
12 soft flour tortillas (taco size)
blue Cheese dressing for dipping

In a large bowl combine chicken with sauce and stir until evenly coated.  Add cheese and toss to combine.  Divide mixture on six tortillas which have been placed on a cookie sheet and top each one with a remaining tortilla.  Spray the top tortillas lightly with baking spray.  Place them into a 375 degree oven until they brown and cheese is melted.  Cut into quarters and serve with blue cheese.


3 comments:

Mari said...

O my, you should see what I see here in the farm :)

Cool recipe! Cuts down the hard work!

Un saludo!

knitwit said...

I'm with you on the animal carcass thing--I don't like my meat to look, in any way, like the animal it once was. Call me a hypocrite!!
Actually, the very first time I prepared the thanksgiving turkey, I had it in the kitchen sink and I sat it upright right over the drain. Well, some air came up from the drain, and it looked like my headless turkey was breathing! I dropped the thing and ran to the other end of the house! It was at least another year or so before I'd touch a whole turkey or chicken after that!
This recipe looks great. I'll definitely give it a try--thanks!!

Cooking Mama said...

Ha, Knit! That sounds EXACTLY like something I'd do--run from a potentially breathing, dead chicken hahaha

Related Posts with Thumbnails