Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Cherry Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Recipe

I just recently reconnected with a friend that I used to work with.  She is a chef and it's so fun bouncing recipe ideas off of her.  You know how guys talk sports . . kind of like another language?  That's what it's like with us but we're talking about food.  Crazy, I know, but true.

It's hard for me to get out since I home school so I just invited her to my home for lunch. Of course I had to try one of the 50 Paninis that were featured in this month's Food Network Magazine .  The fam would never go for the one I had planned:  goat cheese, chopped dates, and bacon on a French roll.  Oh my!  A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!  We dined on the paninis and I offered up bagel chips with my favorite hummus, Sabra's Roasted Garlic.

Holy cow!!  I was just perusing Sabra's site for a hyperlink there and just found out they have green olive hummus!!!!  Get out!!!!!!  Where can I get some of that??!!!

Anyway, this has nothing to do with cherry chocolate chip cheesecake, right?  Well I'm getting ready to tell you . . .My friend, Judy, made a cherry chocolate chip cheesecake (the quadruple C threat) and brought it to share with me.  Friends, I'm telling you right now . . I'm not a huge cherry fan. . . especially maraschino cherries.  Well, I've been converted!  This cheesecake is out of this world!  Here's the recipe . . .


Cherry Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
1 jar(12oz.) maraschino cherries; reserve eight w/stems for garnish
16 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups to 2 cups crushed Oreo cookies
4 to 6 Tablespoons melted butter

For Crust: Combine Oreo crumbs and butter. Press into 9in. pie pan

Drain cherries, reserving 2 teaspoons of juice. Cut cherries in quarters, set aside. Beat cream cheese, sugar and cherry juice. Add eggs; beat just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips and cherries. Pour into crust. Bake at 350 for 30-35 min.

Garnish with a dollop of whipped topping and a reserved cherry dipped in chocolate when serving.

1 comment:

knitwit said...

Aaaand...there goes my waistline. Thanks!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails