Monday, September 13, 2010

Peach Muffin Recipe

About a week and a half ago I visited the State Farmer's Market in Raleigh .  I picked up a HUGE box of fresh peaches.   The farmer told me they were just picked that morning.  Wow!  That's fresh.  However, I had to wait until last Friday to use them.  My friend Jen and I spent Friday afternoon freezing peaches.  Look at these beauties!


Then we did this to them and tried not to eat them all:
I kept some to eat plain and then I made some into these:
They're called peaches and cream muffins.  My friend, Janna, gave me the recipe.  It's from Two Peas and Their Pod.  I switched some things up though. . as usual.  You know how I can't resist making a recipe my own.  :)

Peaches and Cream Muffins   Yield 18 muffins
3 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. oil
2 eggs
2/3 c. buttermilk
2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. fresh peaches, peeled and diced

Cream cheese filling:
4 oz. cream cheese at room temperature
1/2 tsp. lemon zest
1 TBS. sugar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon

cinnamon and sugar for sprinkling

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Line muffin tins with paper liners and spray with cooking spray.  In a large bowl mix together flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and sugar.  In a separate medium sized bowl whisk oil, egg, buttermilk and vanilla together.  Incorporate the wet ingredients into the dry mixture.  Add slowly and don't over-mix.  Gently fold in peaches.

In a small bowl mix together with a fork cream cheese, lemon zest, sugar, and cinnamon.  Fill each muffin cup half way with batter.  Add a small spoonful of cream cheese filling to each muffin cup.  Cover the cream cheese filling with the remaining batter.  Sprinkle each muffin with cinnamon and sugar.

Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.

Enjoy!  I'm having mine with some coffee this morning.

1 comment:

Mari said...

They must be delicious!!! Will keep the recipe in my favorites, I would love to taste these.

Related Posts with Thumbnails