Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Taste Carolina Gourmet Food Tour of Downtown Raleigh: Third Stop - Escazu Chocolates

Right next door to Market is Escazu Artisan Chocolates.  They make the chocolate right there in their tiny little building . . . .all from the cacao bean!!  We were able to tour the back and try some raw chocolate.  They are one of only twelve small batch artisan chocolate makers in the country.  Even the wrapping of the chocolate is done by hand!!  I wish I would have gotten some pictures of their cute chocolates but I was too busy trying to figure out what to get to eat that I forgot.  :(


Afterward we bought a coconut and chocolate push-up that was dairy free as well as chocolate risotto.  The chocolate risotto couldn't go into a take out container because it was served in the cute little dish it was heated up in.  It was so good . . .you have no idea!!  It was garnished with sliced almonds.  There definitely was a hint of cinnamon in the dish.  My friend, Paulette, and I are attempting to recreate this dish in the very near future.  Since I was so engrossed in the tasting of this fine dish I forgot to take a picture of the "before".  So I only have the after.  Boo hoo

The End Result
Here is Paulette enjoying it:

Next stop on the tour:  Solas.  Dance the night away on the second floor glass dance floor and party Miami-style right in downtown Raleigh.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails